What is Consecutive Interpreting?
By Star Translators
During our consecutive interpreting services, we facilitate the communication between 2 participants, one who speaks English and the other one who speaks Spanish and this is what happens.
There are 3 people. The interpreter who is bilingual in Spanish and English and the two monolingual participants.
- You, the English speaker speak for a short period of time, then you make a pause.
- The interpreter will then repeat everything you have just said, but in Spanish.
- You, the English speaker continue to express your message for another short period of time and then you make another pause.
- The Spanish will then repeat everything you have just said, but in Spanish.
- The Spanish speaker listens to the interpreter speak in Spanish and responds when required, as when asked a question. In that case, the Spanish speaker will also speak for a short period of time, and then make a pause.
- The interpreter will then repeat everything the Spanish speaker said, but in English and so on.
In short, consecutive interpretation is when one, two or more speakers communicate normally, except they make pauses to allow the interpreter to repeat everything just said but in the other language.
Would you like to learn more? Call 917-246-2781
When you need bilingual consecutive interpreters in Spanish and English, please give us a call or schedule our service right now.